Google+ Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2017

IRS Change of Address



It is the business owner's responsibility to report a change of address to the IRS and other tax agencies.


Form 1040 filers report a change of address on Form 8822.


Form 1120, 1120S, and 1065 check the address change box on page 1 of their tax return to report a change of address.


Also, you will want to report a change of address with the U.S. Post Office and any other entities you do business with.


Failing to report an address change could result in not receiving timely notices and other correspondence from the IRS and various tax agencies. This in turn could result in missed deadlines, various penalties, and additional interest charges.


Remember, it is your responsibility alone to keep your address current to avoid potential tax issues down the road.



This article was written by Donald M. Scherzi, CPA, CFP, LLC

Mike Lupo, SCORE Counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment