The FCC released a one-page Cybersecurity Tip Sheet which outlines the top ten ways entrepreneurs can protect their companies – and customers – from cyberattack.
1. Train employees in security principles
2. Protect information, computers and networks from cyber attacks
3. Provide firewall security for your Internet connection
4. Create a mobile device action plan
5. Make backup copies of important business data and information
6. Control physical access to your computers and create user accounts for each employee
7. Secure your Wi-Fi networks
8. Employ best practices on payment cards
9. Limit employee access to data and information, limit authority to install software
10. Change Passwords and authentication
If you want more details check the FCC sites.
How does your company handle security?
Steve Koenig, SCORE Counselor
Visit us at: www.scoresouthflorida.net