Tuesday, August 15, 2017

How to lose customers


Recently I had the need to check the air in the tires of my car. I attempted to use an air machine installed at a local gas station. The machine took my credit card and charged $1.50 for a few minutes. On the first tire it became obvious that the machine was not functioning.

The attendant in the convenience store at the gas station, to which the air machine is attached, said they had nothing to do with the air machine and refused to either take note of the failed machine or provide a credit. I left and went to another gas station/convenience store with yet another air machine that functioned properly, for a fee of $0.50. That’s right one third of the cost and it worked!

Guess where I buy my gas and other items now. Want to guess where I tell my friends to stay away from?

I also found a local ‘service’ station with free air.

How about your business?


Steve Koenig, SCORE Counselor


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment