Sunday, November 2, 2014

7 Weeks of Business Tips...week 4

 
WEEK #4

#16 TIP #3 FOR FOLLOWING UP LEADS

Follow a script! Have a well planned response. It will help you overcome the fears some business owners experience when making that initial call.

#17 THREE TIPS TO OVERCOME OBJECTIONS

If you can just get prospects to chat with you a bit and resonate with them, they will often agree to an appointment. TIP #17: NEVER argue with an objection. Whatever the prospect says is all right. Just say, "I understand",  or "That's fine", or "I hear that from time to time", etc.

#18 TIP #2 TO OVERCOME OBJECTIONS

Ask permission to ask "Just a couple of quick questions". Remember this phrase! It's the sure-fire way to keep the prospect engaged. You say, "I totally understand. Before I let you go, may I just ask you a couple of quick questions about that?"

#19 TIP#3 TO OVERCOME OBJECTIONS

Now ask questions that get at the prospect's feelings or opinions. Don't ask questions that attempt to qualify the prospect for your product or sefvice. Make it about the prospect, NOT YOU. Let's pretend the prospect just said, "Just send me something in the mail and I'll look it over."  Don't argue with the prospect and say it's no trouble for you to stop by with it. Instead, simply say, "I'd be happy to send you some information. Now of course I want to make sure I send you material that's most relevant to your interests, so let me just ask you a couple of questions to narrow that down". Bingo! You're off to a great dialog.

#20 YOUR VALUE PROPOSITION

Always remember only ONE brand can own a proposition. So take a look at how your competition positions themselves. Look at their tag lines. Read the "about us" on their websites. Palmolive positions itself as "the only soap that softens hands while you do dishes". So make sure your proposition is distinct.

 

Marty Kahn, SCORE Mentor


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment