50 Don’ts to Build Your Business #3
21. Thinking of all competitors as the ENEMY rather than potential allies or joint venture partners.
22. Not listening to the marketplace. Often the world is sending you clear signals, but the message isn’t getting through.
23. Expecting government assistance or even subsidies.
24. Not taking advantage of business-advisory sources, like SCORE or the economic development office.
25. Not joining peer groups of like-minded entrepreneurs to share experiences, problems, and solutions.
26. Dismissing Social Media when it’s an incredible, necessary tool for building your business.
27. Hiring people who are just like you, when people LESS like you can add more diverse skills that your business needs.
28. Not measuring the results of your marketing efforts.
29. Under-investing in marketing.
30. Waiting for a “Savior”-the perfect commission-only salesperson to appear and bail out your vision. Stop waiting and start selling!
Marty Kahn, SCORE Counselor
Visit us at: www.scoresouthflorida.net